We all have fond memories of mixing dirt, water, grass, the occasional unlucky bugs and making mud pies in the yard as kids- here is an easy way to make an edible version that your friends will love. I mean, i’m sure we have all eaten our share of dirt whether by choice or by force, these cupcakes will leave you asking for more!
What you will need:
chocolate cupcake mix (boxed or from scratch, can’t descriminate against cake)
check out these cute grass themed wrappers I found at JoAnn Fabrics!
1. Bake cupcakes and let cool
2. While cupcakes are cooling put Oreos in a ziplock and smash them up (for a dozen cupcakes I used about 15 Oreos)
3. Pour smashed Oreos into a bowl and stir in two or three generous spoonfulls of chocolate frosting
4. Frost cooled cupcakes with chocolate frosting and scoop a spoonfull of Oreo crumb&frosting mix on top of each
5. Add gummy worms on top of cookie dirt and serve your friends some mud pies!
This recipe can also be used on a cake rather than cupcakes- get crazy creative with it and don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty, CHOCOLATE dirty!